COALEY, ST BARTHOLOMEW
|DETAILS OF THE BELLS|
|1||Charles & George Mears||1845||4cwt 1qtr 20lb||263/4"||E|
|2||Charles & George Mears||1845||3cwt 3qtr 23lb||271/4"||D|
|3||Charles & George Mears||1845||5cwt 2qtr 1lb||31"||C|
|4||Charles & George Mears||1845||6cwt 1qtr 25lb||32"||B|
|5||Charles & George Mears||1845||7cwt 3qtr 24lb||35"||A|
|6||Charles & George Mears||1845||11cwt 2qtr 2lb||40"||G|
Metal lowside by Eayre & Smith in 2003
Web-section iron headstocks with fixed steel gudgeons, ball bearings, traditional-type wheels, stays and sliders all by Eayre & Smith in 2003.
Not tuned: old-style
These are a complete ring by Charles and George Mears, cast at the Gloucester foundry bought from John Rudhall. They are possibly the last ring of bells ever cast at Gloucester. The bells were rehung in 2003 by Eayre & Smith Ltd with all new fittings, in a new frame. Bell no. 2 was found to be cracked when it was removed from the tower and was repaired by Soundweld.