TORTWORTH, ST. LEONARD
|DETAILS OF THE BELLS|
|1||John Taylor & Co.||1871||4cwt 2qtr approx||281/2"||E|
|2||John Taylor & Co.||1871||5cwt approx||301/4"||D|
|3||Jefferies & Price||1850||5cwt 1qtr approx||303/4"||C|
|4||John Taylor & Co.||1883||8cwt 1qtr 9lb||3412"||B|
|5||Bristol Foundry||1460||9cwt 0qtr 20lb||373/4"||A|
|6||Jefferies & Price||1850||12cwt 2qtr 25lb||411/2"||G|
Wooden by John Taylor & Co in 1871
Hollow box-section iron headstocks with fixed steel gudgeons, ball bearings, traditional-type wheels, stays and sliders by John Taylor & Co. in 1959.
1871 Taylor, old style.
There were five bells prior to 1871; treble by an unknown founder with a diameter of 29" and weight 5cwt 1qtr 0lb: the third, blank with a diameter of 331/2" and weight 6cwt 2qtr 2lb.
The 1959 rehanging was done in tower, canons removed from the front tree bells which were not weighed after removal of the canons..
In 1871, the front three bells weighed:
1. 4cwt 3qtr 1lb with canons
2. 5cwt 1qtr 15lb with canons
3. 5cwt 2qtr 9lb with canons